Bringing hospital grade respiratory monitoring into the home
Our specially designed wireless biosensor is one of the smallest available. It transmits data to the cloud using a gateway device.
Biosensor data is analysed in the cloud by algorithms that use machine learning to enhance accuracy.
Being developed to detect abnormal breathing associated with a number of life-threatening conditions.
Monitor your breathing for long periods, comfortably and accurately.
Designed for home use or in a healthcare setting.
Note: Performance characteristics are not yet established
– UK based Altair Medical today announced it has secured £2.25m ($3.1m) of Pre-Series A funding to further develop its respiratory sensor and real-time monitoring platform. The service uses AI to detect and alert to adverse events from a range of breathing problems, with the hope of preventing a large number of early deaths.
– Scottish digital transformation consultancy Storm ID, along with Altair Medical have developed a new digital solution to help predict respiratory failure in COVID-19 patients. The solution is being trialled in a new clinical research study commissioned by the University of Glasgow following funding from Scottish Government Chief Scientist Office.
- As 2020 draws to a close, Dr Bruce Henderson (CEO) reviews the major advances and developments at Altair Medical during the year.
- Altair Medical (“Altair”) aims to revolutionize care for respiratory symptoms and diseases with its advanced, remote respiratory monitoring platform. The company, which was awarded FDA Breakthrough Medical Device designation earlier this year, today announced that it had chosen to transition to Galen Data’s cloud platform to accelerate commercial development of its platform.
– Altair Medical, developing a groundbreaking solution to the global opioid crisis today announces that the FDA have awarded the company Breakthrough Medical Device Status for its RESPMETERTM wearable biosensor device.